Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Company and Calamity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix
Race: Interloper, Rax

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 pm

"..." The Katie silently gazes upon the Sunset's side of the body, making a mental note of it. "It is good to see you again. I'm merely here to explain something of dire importance. You may approach the portrait when you are ready." The Katie takes a cautious step away from Daybreak.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Daybreak turned back to the glass and stepped closer to the glass and inspected it closely. He glanced back at Katie quickly but looked hard at the glass both his tails waved back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm

The glass depicted an event. It showed Hyrax bestowing a figure with what appeared to be a black and purple crystalline object. Other than this, the picture seemed completely blank. Now in view, just below the picture was a small, closed box. "What do you make of this picture?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Daybreak studdied the image closely. "what's that object he's holding?" he pointed at Hyrax, "and what's in this box?" he moved his hand down to point at the closed box. He seemed calm about what was going on...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 pm

"You should open it, and tell me what you see." The Katie has now turned around and seemed to be quietly studying Sunset's side of the body from a short distance.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm

The Sunset half of Daybreak looked as though it was creeping across his body, but it wasn't moving or expanding. It gave off a negative vibe but the Daybreak side seemed to give off a positive vide, so the two energy's, sort of, canceled each other out, but on closer inspection on one side or the other the energy of that side was clearer and more defined. Daybreak looked at the box, and then whent to open it.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:07 pm

The box was padded on the inside. Clearly whatever was in it was valuable... But it was empty. There was nothing in the box.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Daybreak looked everywhere in the box for what could have been in it, he put his hand in it and felt around to see if what was in there was invisible. "what! Where is it?" he felt as though he knew what was suppose to be in it, but in reality he didn't, he couldn't put his finger on it. He continued to feel around in the box with his hand.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm

"That's because it was given away. Hyrax gave it to Lewis." The Katie was neither frightened nor excited by this. She simply seemed indifferent.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 pm

He looked up from the box, "Lewis?" he asked and then looked up at the picture again. He wasn't exactly sure what He was looking for but He felt as if whatever it is, it's important.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 am

"Lewis had earned Hyrax's trust and friendship. Feeling Lewis was worthy, Hyrax gave Lewis the Fused Fragment." Feeling more comfortable, Katie stands next to Daybreak. "Lewis was the only Sage willing to figure out Hyrax's side. Lewis grew to respect and even look up to Hyrax, not in the conquering, genocidal way."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Daybreak looks at Katie for a moment. He looks back at the image "fused fragment..." he echoed quietly. His left eye twitched a little and there was a smile on the left half but it left almost as fast as it appeared. Daybreak grabbed the left side of his neck and rubbed it without thinking. "fused fragment..." he said again.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm

"The Fragment is a powerful object with one purpose. Outside of this purpose,
it is merely indestructible and cannot do anything significant."
Katie does not see the motion. "Should balance in the world be lost, Lewis will be in possession of unimaginable responsibility and power."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm

He looked over at Katie "you mean...it doesn't do anything unless there is a...disturbance?" he looked down and started thinking. "but it doesn't do anything unless there's a problem?..."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 pm

"Essentially. The problem/ disturbance is so specific that it will do nothing all the time." Katie looks at Daybreak funny. "Lewis' undying friendship towards Hyrax earned him this artifact. Hyrax would never lose track of it or give it away at random."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

He nodded slowly "t-that makes sense..." he looked back at the image, "why use power when it is un-needed..." his voice got quieter, he looked at his hands "or un-wanted..." he closed his hands into fists and let them drop to his sides again.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm

"Perhaps people need power. Perhaps some people need more power than others.
So long as they use their power for good and for their friends, power is okay. Lewis can only use the Fragment when the natural balance of power has shifted greatly. Again, the only situation for this to happen is nearly impossible to achieve."
Katie smiles at Daybreak. "You have immense power in you. It appears to bother you."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm

He closed his eyes and his head drooped "it...it bothers me...I...don't want it." he spoke louder and clenched his fists and it looked as though he was going to cry, "I don't have power...I am power...I'm a weapon...and I'm not even at...full...potential, and I'm...I'm a danger to every one...and everything..." he looked back at the picture, "I just want to be like that Crystal...I don't want power...unless...I...need...power..." as he said this he put both his hands to his forehead and they covered his eyes... His voice seemed to echo a little when he said "...need...power..." Daybreak removed his hands from his forehead and looked into the palms of his hands, his eyes watered.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Katie was silent for a bit. "Are you... Familiar with the gods of Edgarix? Perhaps not. The point being... Two of them can help you. If you are not willing to wait a little while longer, then I want to urge upon you this thought... You may not be able to become like the Fused Fragment, but you can be similar. You have your friends. Let them help you. Be open to them and they will help in return. Slowly, but surely, learn to recognize when power is appropriate, and when it isn't needed even slightly. Not all battles need to be fought with strength or magic. Eat, rest, and enjoy the company of your friends."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 pm

"that doesn't clear up everything...the real problem is...h...him..." he looked away "it's like being...two people at once...and neither of you agree...ever...both of you want the exact opposite of what the other wants..." he paused "I...have his thoughts...I think what he thinks..." he raised his left hand and pointed it to the side of his head "I'm...I'm...him..." his hand hung next to his head...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 pm

Katie begins to chuckle, but it turns into a fit of laughter. The laughs mellow out into sobs. Katie simply stands there, crying. She struggles with words through the tears. "B-Balance...
Peace... Vengeance... A-and..."
Katie collapses to her knees, still crying. She begins to mutter in her strange language, making it impossible to understand the babbles.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Daybreak stands there, unsure what to do. His hand drops to his side and a tear rolls down his right cheek from when he was crying earlier. He looked confused and he stood there, he wasn't sure what just happened."w-what?" he maniges to ask.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 pm

"They know... How you feel... The gods... Are stuck together... Like you..." Katie stands up, apparently billowing with a new found rage. "Excuse me..." Katie turns and walks several feet away, facing away from Daybreak. Whipping her arms to the air, millions of javelins sewer the sky. Twirling around, Katie fires massive beams of energy in wide arches, never once getting close to Daybreak. Finally, an explosion pink mist shrouds her. Her silhouette is all that is seen. "Sorry, I lose my temper sometimes. Pain is terrible.
The gods feel your pain. As a survival mechanism, they have been mashed together, so they understand. I will speak to them later."
Katie walks back to Daybreak, emerging from the fading fog. "Sorry you had to see that." She smiles meekly. "I have spoken to the gods before. They speak well of you and your group. You should be fine come this cycle's end."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Daybreak took a breath "well..." he said with a small smile "it's nice to know that I'm not the only one." he looked down but still smiled the small smile.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 pm

"Staying in your dream like this is exhausting." Katie's breathing becomes heavy. "Have good dreams." Slowly, she and the picture vanished, leaving Daybreak to enjoy his dreams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 43 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: