Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Company and Calamity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Desire retracted when Hyrax shouted but she stepped in front of Daybreak, she made a twisting motion with her hand and made a flower sprout up right next to Hyrax's snout, the flower opened and it began to glow, it released the scent that was familiar but even more desirable.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix
Race: Interloper

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:13 am

Hyrax slowly rises to his feet, inhaling the scent of the flower. Hyrax's eyes weren't back to normal. They seemed barely sentient, yet it was obvious Hyrax was looking at both Daybreak and Desire. In an instant, Hyrax had seized the pair in his massive claws and... It was empty and black. There wasn't anything. It was nothing. Devoid of anything even remotely resembling a conscience. The pair were in Hyrax's mind.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:56 am

They both stood up, Desire held her head as she got up and she looked around and saw nothing, Daybreak got up as well and looked around as well he backed up and kept a watch all about him. They both looked around but found nothing, "I don't think I'll ever understand Hyrax" "what happened? Where are we?
What did he do to us?"
Daybreak panicked "Daybreak, calm yourself." she spoke in a soothing tone, she put a hand on his back and He relaxed a bit, "we'll find out, don't worry."
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Something stirs in the inky darkness. It is too dark and too far away to see, but from it's slight motions, it seems friendly enough. A noise echoes all around the pair. It seems like humming. Other things start to become noticeable. It seems small patches of grass and trees covered in cherry bloss grew out of the ground. Perhaps Hyrax's mind was attempting to fix itself. The humming stopped and the figure seemed to glance over it's shoulder. "Was someone there?" It's voice was faint.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Daybreak became silent, Desire stepped forwards "I am here, my name is Desire and who might you be?" She shouted to the figure, she stepped in front of Daybreak, her three tails blocked Daybreak from view.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Either the figure didn't hear or it was ignoring Desire's answer. "The soothing water came as quite the shock. I'm trying to reconnect." More grass and trees sprouted around the void. "Hopefully some answers can be provided soon." The figure continues humming. Hyrax's mind is strangely tranquil.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Desire blinks in confusion, she walked towards the figure, Daybreak stays close behind, Desire tilts her head "who are you?" she asks quietly, as not to screw up the tranquil atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Again, the figure doesn't hear or ignores Desire's question. The entire ground becomes grass and the cherry blossums begin to drift in a nonexistent wind. The figure yawns loudly. "I'm gonna have to go back to sleep soon, but luckily the mind will return to normal." Desire and Daybreak eventually hit an unseen barrier. The figure begins to hum it's song. It's song is now recognizable as the song Hyrax played on his harp, albeit much slower and softer. It sounds like a lullaby.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:33 pm

"cherry blossoms..." Daybreak spoke softly and stepped towards the tree, he watched a blossom drift past him in the wind that wasn't there, Desire looked at Daybreak who had stepped out from behind Desire and he tried to catch a cherry blossom as it drifted near him.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:10 pm

A rush of wind zoomed between Daybreak and Desire. The figure had apparently dashed across the field with wicked speed. It stopped at the other end and continued humming as if it didn't move an inch. "The soothing water seems to have mimicked the effects of Purity, minus the... Consequences... I've grown rather tired and the mind is repairing nicely. I hope I can-" The figure disappeared into the void as suddenly as it appeared. Hyrax's six eyes opened in the empty sky above. They were larger than ever seen previously. They stared at the pair for a moment before a voice boomed from everywhere. "SEE YA REAL SOON!" With that, Desire and Daybreak were thrown out of Hyrax's mind, along with a few cherry blossoms. Hyrax stood facing the ground. His breathing has heavy and rushed, as if he hadn't breathed in a long time. Surprisingly, Hyrax was crying and his tears littered the floor. Hyrax coughs and a large vial of green and black liquid flies from his mouth. He slowly catches his breath. "Th-Thanks for your h-help."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Desire and Daybreak slowly get off the floor, dazed, Desire looks at Hyrax, "n-no, p-problem." she staggers a little and finds her footing. "what, just, happened?" Daybreak looked around at the castle and at the cherry blossoms, he held his forehead as he tried to find his footing.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:52 am

"Soothing things... Don't sit well..." Hyrax attempts to stand, but falls. "I think... We could all use a little rest." Hyrax chuckles. He rotates himself into a sitting position. His eyes had also returned to normal.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 pm

"I was only trying to help. I didn't realize that you would take it in such a strange way." Tide's cocky voice came from the stairwell to Hyrax's left. Daybreak and Desire look at him. The stairs become a ramp and he slides down and lands on his feet after doing a spin, he stopped right next to Desire and the ramp became stairs again. "I can give you a place to rest,
if you come with me."
He turns and walks down a hallway. Desire and Daybreak watch him walk down the path.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Hyrax staggers behind Tide, leaving the green vial behind. The cherry blossoms pile at Daybreak's feet. Somehow they were able to leave Hyrax's mind likewise to the pair.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:02 pm

The floor underneath the vial changed to water wrapped around the vial and lifted it up, the water followed Tide and stayed his eye level, he inspected it, it turned and flipped in the water as they walk so he could get a good look at it from all angles. "this is a strange substance...would you care to explain it too me?" he shot a backwards glance at Hyrax and smiled a bit. Daybreak and Desire slowly catch up to Tide and Hyrax.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:12 pm

"It's a chemical concoction I developed on my free time. I thought I left it back at my home, but I must have swallowed it." Hyrax seems a little dazed from the recent events. He rubs his temples with his front two arms and keeps balance with the remaining two arms and legs.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:18 pm

"really?" Tide stopped "what does it do?" He smiles "just, out of curiosity." He shrugs and walks a bit further.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:33 pm

"Heh. Well. It's a virus. Don't drink it. I'll have to return it next time I go home." Hyrax chuckles and shambles behind Tide. "Just glad to have my mind back."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Tide looks at the vial, the water holding it continues to follow them, he reaches in and grabbed the vial and held it out to Hyrax, "I assume that you want to keep this?" he turned, "ah. Here we are." he was faceing a wall with no doors or even a window, he said "this looks like a good spot,"
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:35 pm

A small portal opens and Hyrax drops the vial through it. After letting out a noticeable sigh, Hyrax stares confused at the wall. "Tide... There's nothing here." Hyrax glances around for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 am

"quite right my friend, that's why it's perfect" He twisted his hand and moved it forward the wall cracked in the shape of a large square and it moved away from them, as the wall moved back it formed a large empty room, the previous wall melted and became water, there was a clear view of the room now, the water from the previous wall spread around the room and crawled up the walls, a bit of it formed a large bed and some more formed drawers and other miscellaneous furniture. Tide lowered his hand and took a breath, he looked at Hyrax, "if anything is missing, or perhaps something is here that you wish to be removed, let me know so I can make the change for you"
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm

"It should be fine. Thank you Tide." Hyrax looks into the room longingly. "I've been rather tired as of late." Hyrax becomes noticeably tired.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm

"alright then, have fun with your cycle." He turned and walked back the way the two came, "and now for you two...follow me." he said to Desire and Daybreak, and they turned and followed him back, leaving Hyrax alone in the hall.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Hyrax enters the room and sighs. A lot has happened lately. The exhaustion hits Hyrax as he curls up on the covers of the bed. A few minutes of peace go by before Hyrax winces. A portal opens and Hyrax looks into it. "Lewis... How's your progress?" "Fantastic! The OmegaColossus works like a charm." "Good. Hey, my cycle's been disrupted. The end could happen at literally any moment. Try to get in touch with the other Sages and check on them on my behalf. I have to try to sleep." "No hibernation, huh? Okay then. Will do!" Hyrax nods before the portal closes. Hyrax once again falls asleep.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Something moved outside the window of his room, it might have been the waves but it wasn't a normal motion, it was as if something big and thin lurched to the right, it was gone now though. Some time during the night Hyrax thought he heard a voice out side his door. It faded in slowly and remained very quiet, whoever it was they we're some distance away from Hyrax's room "...I still don't get it..." the voice sounded concerned about something "I thought you may say this. I somewhat get it, but it was explained not very well to me either." there was a second voice, it sounded as if it was having a bit of trouble speaking, "well I don't see a reason to go yet. I need to know more before I'll even think about going." the two voices whispered a while longer, they sounded as if they were speaking another language now, but it sounded as if they were wrapping up the conversation...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: