Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Company and Calamity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix
Race: Rax

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm

"Perhaps people need power. Perhaps some people need more power than others.
So long as they use their power for good and for their friends, power is okay. Lewis can only use the Fragment when the natural balance of power has shifted greatly. Again, the only situation for this to happen is nearly impossible to achieve."
Katie smiles at Daybreak. "You have immense power in you. It appears to bother you."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm

He closed his eyes and his head drooped "it...it bothers me...I...don't want it." he spoke louder and clenched his fists and it looked as though he was going to cry, "I don't have power...I am power...I'm a weapon...and I'm not even at...full...potential, and I'm...I'm a danger to every one...and everything..." he looked back at the picture, "I just want to be like that Crystal...I don't want power...unless...I...need...power..." as he said this he put both his hands to his forehead and they covered his eyes... His voice seemed to echo a little when he said "...need...power..." Daybreak removed his hands from his forehead and looked into the palms of his hands, his eyes watered.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Katie was silent for a bit. "Are you... Familiar with the gods of Edgarix? Perhaps not. The point being... Two of them can help you. If you are not willing to wait a little while longer, then I want to urge upon you this thought... You may not be able to become like the Fused Fragment, but you can be similar. You have your friends. Let them help you. Be open to them and they will help in return. Slowly, but surely, learn to recognize when power is appropriate, and when it isn't needed even slightly. Not all battles need to be fought with strength or magic. Eat, rest, and enjoy the company of your friends."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 pm

"that doesn't clear up everything...the real problem is...h...him..." he looked away "it's like being...two people at once...and neither of you agree...ever...both of you want the exact opposite of what the other wants..." he paused "I...have his thoughts...I think what he thinks..." he raised his left hand and pointed it to the side of his head "I'm...I'm...him..." his hand hung next to his head...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:29 pm

Katie begins to chuckle, but it turns into a fit of laughter. The laughs mellow out into sobs. Katie simply stands there, crying. She struggles with words through the tears. "B-Balance...
Peace... Vengeance... A-and..."
Katie collapses to her knees, still crying. She begins to mutter in her strange language, making it impossible to understand the babbles.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Daybreak stands there, unsure what to do. His hand drops to his side and a tear rolls down his right cheek from when he was crying earlier. He looked confused and he stood there, he wasn't sure what just happened."w-what?" he maniges to ask.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 pm

"They know... How you feel... The gods... Are stuck together... Like you..." Katie stands up, apparently billowing with a new found rage. "Excuse me..." Katie turns and walks several feet away, facing away from Daybreak. Whipping her arms to the air, millions of javelins sewer the sky. Twirling around, Katie fires massive beams of energy in wide arches, never once getting close to Daybreak. Finally, an explosion pink mist shrouds her. Her silhouette is all that is seen. "Sorry, I lose my temper sometimes. Pain is terrible.
The gods feel your pain. As a survival mechanism, they have been mashed together, so they understand. I will speak to them later."
Katie walks back to Daybreak, emerging from the fading fog. "Sorry you had to see that." She smiles meekly. "I have spoken to the gods before. They speak well of you and your group. You should be fine come this cycle's end."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Daybreak took a breath "well..." he said with a small smile "it's nice to know that I'm not the only one." he looked down but still smiled the small smile.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 pm

"Staying in your dream like this is exhausting." Katie's breathing becomes heavy. "Have good dreams." Slowly, she and the picture vanished, leaving Daybreak to enjoy his dreams.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:57 pm

After the encounter with Katie Daybreak gets some good night's sleep. He hears a noise and he slowly opens his eyes and found that it was day time. The Hollow was still asleep on the bed. Daybreak got off the bed and went to the door, he rubbed his head as he opened the door to check what the noise was. It didn't look like anyone was awake yet, he looked back and forth down the hall way "h-hello?" his voice echoed down the hall way...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Daybreak's voice is barely audible from Hyrax's room, but the Sage is startled awake regardless. He gets up and pokes his head out his door, looking around tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Daybreak saw Hyrax's head pokeing out from his door, "did you hear it too?" he asked. The noise gets louder as it gets closer, it sounds like a clinking noise, there appear to be foot steps as well between clincks.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:38 pm

"I awoke from your voice, but I'm hearing a strange noise as well." Hyrax emerges from his room and looks around once more. "Strange. I don't recall any of you being able to make such a noise."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Life steps around the corner holding what appeared to be a thing of bark acting as a tray, it was holding up a tea kettle and some cups, the cups appeared to be made of leaves but the kettle was, indeed, ceramic, there was steam eminateing from the open end of it wich made it clear that there was tea inside the pot. As he stepped around the corner he stopped to see Hyrax and Daybreak peeking out the doorways. He stood for a moment "why do I get the feeling that I was expected?" one of his ears dropped and the other stood upright showing his confusion.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Hyrax relaxes. "Oh. It's only Life. He's cool. False alarm, Daybreak." Hyrax chuckles and shakes his head. "Good morning, Life. We heard a strange noise and couldn't tell what it was, but it appears to be you."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 pm

He began walking forward again. He shifted his hands into a different position. He picked up one of the leaf cups and handed one to Daybreak as he reached his doorway. "I made this myself. It both calms nerves and gives you a boost of energy." he says as he puts the tea into the cup. He stands upright again "its been a while since I've made this type of tea. I hope you like it." he smiled at Daybreak. He continued walking and he stoped in front of Hyrax's room. He stood for a moment and then started pouring a cup of the same tea into one of the leaf cups. He was hardly looking at Hyrax but glanced over at him before sticking his arm out to give him the cup. "morning" he said in a tone that was neither mad nor happy.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Hyrax accepts the tea with a meek smile. It is apparent to Hyrax that Life still has a distaste for him. Hyrax backs away, giving Life a much easier time going down the hall. He takes a sip of the tea. "This is wonderful tea. Thank you, Life." Hyrax curls up in a corner of his room and falls deep into thought, no longer aware of what anyone else was doing.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Life stopped for a moment and let out a sigh. He continued walking. Daybreak sipped the tea and felt a rush of energy and felt calm, his thoughts became clearer and it woke him up. The effects of the tea brought back the memory of the dream. He Sat down and relived it in his head. The Hollow stood up and looked at Daybreak. Daybreak sipped the tea again and then stood up and walked out the door. He walked over to Hyrax's door and raised his hand, he stood for a moment. He slowly and softly knocked on the door...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Hyrax loses his train of thought and looks to the door. He gets up and opens the door. "Ah. Daybreak.
If you'd like to come in, you may."
Hyrax backs away from the door and curls up in the center of the room.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 pm

A chair forms in the room for Daybreak to sit in, did Tide know? Daybreak Sat in the newly formed chair after closing the door, he placed his cup on the coveiniently placed desk next to him. He took a deep breath "I-I had a stange dream last night...very odd..." he shifted uncomfortably.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Thinking nothing of it, some of Hyrax's eyes begin to do their own thing. "We all have some strange dreams. You seem disturbed by yours in some way. You don't have to tell me. If anything, I would have expected you to talk to Desire about it. You too are much better friends I think." Hyrax chuckles and rolls over, stretching his back.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 pm

"well...I think you might want to hear this...it's something that you might understand...more than the others maybe..." he took another sip of tea "I didn't seem to notice this during the dream...but there was something...wrong with me..." he raised His left hand to the left side of his face and rubbed a little. He put the tea back on the desk. "I...I wasn't quite...myself... he looked away...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 pm

"That is quite unusual, but I wouldn't fret. Dreams are reflections into the minds and imaginations of those having them." Hyrax also takes a sip of tea. "Lewis' magic allows him to mess with people's heads. He has also proven to be able to manipulate dreams. It is possible that the short encounter we had with him could have messed with your dream as a sort of side-effect." Hyrax takes another sip. "I would doubt it though. Dreams are dreams and people do not yet fully understand the extent of their capabilities."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm

He shifted again, "that's one of the problems...if it was a reflection of me then..." he stopped for a moment, as he when to sip the tea, he realized it was empty and awkwardly set the cup back down. "that is...if it is a reflection then..." he couldn't seem to say it. He looked at the cup as a distraction. He bit his lip...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm

"My guess is that you do not want to become the version of you that you were in your dream." Hyrax eats the cup. "I do not mean 'reflection' in a literal sense. I used it more as an analogy. We are who we want to be, but sometimes, we have no choice on who we are. I bet you can be who ever you want if you tried. You seem capable of it. I've gone down my path for too long, so change will be much harder." Hyrax sighs. "I'm a lot older than you think."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Magic and the Mundane :: Limbo and Practice RP :: Limbo Zone-
Jump to: