Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Company and Calamity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

Company and Calamity - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:26 pm

The figure kicks away both the primal Hyrax and it takes off into the forest. Sky stands up, still pointing "wait! him! Just!" he couldn't finnish his sentences, but it was clear he wanted to stop the figure in the cloak.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

One of them dissolves and Lewis lays in its place, rubbing his head. "Guess he saw through the illusion." The real Primal Hyrax makes a noise that resembles a defeated sigh and slowly skitters into the forest. After a moment, Hyrax emerges in his regular state. "Why must they always run? First Sky, now... Who ever this is. Seems like we gotta catch him though. C'mon Lewis." Lewis jumps onto Hyrax's back and the two slowly walk after it. "Why are you walking?" "I was thrown nearly a thousand yards last time this happened. I don't wish to repeat that injury."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 7:42 pm

The cloaked figure moved swiftly, that is until it's long cloak got snagged on a tree branch, it gagged and was pulled backwards and into a sitting position, they turned and yanked on the cape in hopes to break free of the branch but it didn't work very well, it continued with it's struggle as Hyrax and Lewis walked in it's direction, it tried to get unstuck quietly so it wouldn't draw attention to it's location.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 pm

"Great, we lost it." Hyrax stares into the darkness and Lewis isn't having much luck either. Not even thinking about it, Hyrax crushes the other side of the log the being is stuck to. The pair don't even notice and they pass it. They walk nearly a hundred yards before they stop. "I think we lost it." "Should've chased it." "What's done is done." Hyrax sits down and Lewis turns around and begins scanning the area in case they missed something.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 pm

The kid in the cloak manages to get its cloak off of the snag, however it made a loud ripping noise and now there was a large hole near the bottom of it, the thing held it's breath and got lower to the ground behind the log it peeked over the side and because there was less light it's eyes didn't reflect and shine as bright as they did when it was next to the camp fire, if it was in moonlight it's eyes would shine marketing it more noticeable. The thing's breathing was light and quick.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Lewis slides off Hyrax and slowly walks in the direction of the being. Hyrax meanwhile, starts crashing through the forest in the opposite direction. Lewis' eyes begin to glow pink as he moves closer. "Hey Lewis, I think I found it." Lewis stops and turns. "You sure?" "Yeah." "You absolutely sure?" "No." "There you go." Lewis turns back to the being and crouches down.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 am

The thing peeks over the log again and sees Lewis and hides behind the log again. It held it's breath again and got closer to the ground. It turned to get on all fours and started slowly crawling away, in an attempt to get away quietly. The cape of the hood dragged in the branches and dirt even more now and whatever this thing was knew that the cape might be the cause of him being spotted, but it couldn't risk taking it off.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 am

Lewis stops to examine a broken branch. He tries to bend it, but it whacks him in the face when he lets go. Lewis falls to the ground, covering his face. Suddenly, Hyrax comes crashing through the trees just in-front of the creature. Hyrax stops, unbeknownst to him that he was standing above the creature. "My face. Hyrax! I'm blind." "That branch did a number on you, huh?" "Shut it." Lewis stands and walks over to Hyrax. "It couldn't have gone far. I saw it not too long ago." The two stand around before looking down at the creature. The two couldn't see it underneath its hood and cape. It seemed to be just the cape. "It lost its cape." "Today is a sad day." "What should we do with it?" Lewis pokes at the cape.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 4:52 pm

The thing moves when he pokes it and a bit of white from the tip of what was assumed to be the tail poked out the hole that had been ripped by the branch, the thing tried to remain as frozen as possible to make itself appear as just a cloak. It was trying to wait them out and is hopping that they won't notice it's under the cape.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 pm

"Is that a tail? Did that come off with the cloak?" Lewis staggers back. "It's not detached. The creature is underneath." Hyrax lifts the cloak slowly. "It must've fell or tried to hide."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 pm

As the cloak was lifted up, so was what was underneath and it gagged as it was lifted up. The thing finally came to a conclusion, if it was going to get away, it had to ditch the cloak. It reached for the connection at the neck and unattached It, it fell to the ground again and quickly crawled out from under Hyrax leaveing from the tail end of him. It was exposed now but because it was directly under Hyrax, he couldn't get a good look at the thing. Hyrax did however see that it did leave from under him though. The thing didn't bother trying to be silent again and it breathed fast.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 pm

"Ah. I should have expected that to happen." Lewis fires the pink strings at the creature, but they get tangled in a tree. "Don't waste time. We gotta catch it." Hyrax crashes through the forest after it. "I swear... If I get thrown again..."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:16 pm

But as Hyrax turns around, he finally realizes why there was something off about the creature. He had black rings around, not only it's ankles, but his neck, his wrists and two of them around one of his tails. His entire body was a pure white, all of it except for his second tail. His second tail was pitch black and had white rings around the tip. The tail was so long he had to tie it around his waist, there were spikes on the edge of it as well. The boy turned to glance back at Hyrax and Lewis and Hyrax finally got a good look at his face, he turned back and leaped over a fallen log and kept running. The cloaked creature, the child like thing under the cloak, was Daybreak.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 pm

"W-WHAT?!" Hyrax fumbles back and morphs into the GrandHyrax and rapidly through the Colossus, Primal, and GrandStatus. Hyrax keeps trying to back up, but the rapid form changes causes him to fumble and fall over. He finally settles on his regular state. Hyrax stares in terror.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Daybreak keeps running and vanishes into the forest. There is silence for a long while in till Desire appears from the direction of the camp, "where did he go? Sky told me. What happened? Were is he?" Desire seemed panicked but calm at the same time. She didn't even seem to notice Lewis standing there, she just wanted info. Daybreak was gone.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

"H-he..." Hyrax points to the spot Daybreak once was. "Vanished..." Hyrax groans and grips his stomach. "HYRAX!" Lewis fumbles through the wreckage. "Don't finish the cycle yet buddy. You still have to wait unti-" "I'm fine." Hyrax stands up, his eyes glow purple for a split second. "How is he still...?" Hyrax turns to Desire.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Desire looked in the direction that Hyrax pointed and turns back to him "...I...I don't know..." Desire looks at the ground "I'll go look for him. You don't seem well enough. I'm going to find out why he is back.
Beleve me I will."
Desire turns back towards the direction, she was also clearly bothered by this, but It seemed to fill her with a sort of determination to find him rather than being frightened by his appearance. She runs off in the direction leaveing Lewis and Hyrax alone again.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:17 pm

"What was... uh..." "First one was Daybreak. He should be dead.
How he's alive is beyond me. Second was Desire, the one you should talk to eventually."
Hyrax shakes off the dirt and looks to where Desire went. "I owe Daybreak." Hyrax begins to walk after Desire, Lewis tags along.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:29 pm

By the time they get to Desire, they find that she is standing at the edge of a beach, starring out at the sea. Desire noticed Hyrax's approach, "I thought you we're going to head back to the tents. Oh well, you came for nothing anyway. He's gone off onto the ocean..." she gestures to the footprints that lead directly into the water, "...I'm not sure how far he's gotten or where he will end up, but he's gone..." Desire seemed very upset but she tried to hide it, she did very well in doing so but she couldn't stop the tears that was forming in her eyes. Her glazed eyes looked shiny and dreamy, it appeared that Desire's tears also had a magic of sorts, it made anyone who looked at her feel sympathetic or sad for her. She remembered this and looked away from Hyrax and Lewis and tried to avoid eye contact. Desire started walking back towards camp and glanced back at the ocean before she vanished into the woods again.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:41 pm

"I... Don't even know what to think." "..." Hyrax turns and slams all four fists into the ground, causing massive quakes and fissures. "...Let's head back." Lewis hops onto Hyrax's back and the pair crash through the forest.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 am

Desire sits down starring at nothing inpreticular, she faces away from everyone so they won't see her tears, when Hyrax and Lewis come crashing in, Sky yelps but calms himself, "I take it he's gone..." Sky looks disappointed and he looks at the direction the two of them and Desire came from "can't understand how this is possible. I thought Kyuubi..." he stopped himself and glanced at Kyuubi who's eyes were shut and he was asleep against a tree. "I was there when it happened. I thought Daybreak was gone..." Sky looked very confused as well as sad, he looked up at the stars and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Hyrax sits down and Lewis slides off. "I thought he was gone too." Hyrax stands and makes for the edge of the forest. "A crude reminder of my failures, though a welcome opportunity for redemption." Hyrax walks to the edge of the forest and sits, staring at the stars. Lewis considers following, but instead sits near Sky.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Sky looks at Lewis, his ear twitches "I don't think we've met before." he says and shifts uncomfortably "I can see you are friends with Hyrax. when did you get here?" he tries to distract himself from the problem and he looked at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:53 pm

"I don't believe we've met either. I'm Lewis, Sage of Spirit." Lewis' eyes glow pink as he makes a friendly gesture. "I got here not too long ago when Hyrax was in the forest. Who are all of you?" Lewis chuckles and glances around.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:53 pm

"my name is Sky, my friend Shade is...over there somewhere...Desire is over there..." Sky pointed to the directions of where he thought Shade was and in the direction of Desire, she glanced at the pair of them, "in there is Life, you probably shouldn't talk with him now...and that is a Hollow, they are thought to have no feelings, no heart, and no soul, but we know that can't be true. We believe that Hollows do in fact have all of those things, because...well, just look at it." Sky looked at the Hollow who was curled up next to the fire pit "they appear to be heartless because they are misunderstood and are attacked almost every day because everyone els believes that they can't feel anything...it was Daybreak that helped us to see that..." he sighs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next