Tales of Magic and the Mundane
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you are a returning member, Log In below, or if you are new, Please, Register below, and see the Rules of the forum, and when you've read them, feel free to head over to the Registry to make a character! Good Luck!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original RPG Forum set in its own unique universe. Please, feel free to Register or review the rules. We are currently accepting all races of OCs, and welcome new members.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Company and Calamity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet
Organization: Sages of Edgarix, Pantheon of Edgarix
Race: Rax
Rank: Sage of Lackluster, Hegemon of the Rax, Avatar of Two Gods

Company and Calamity - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Lewis scans the area as Sky introduces each, but stops on the Hollow. "Misunderstandings seem to be prevalent." Lewis gazes at Sky, his eyes still glowing the neon pink.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:
Race: Keaton

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:47 am

Sky shifts uncomfortably and turns away from Lewis, "it's pretty late. I'm gonna go back to sleep now. It was nice talking with you." Sky goes back to the place he had been sleeping before, perhaps he thought Lewis was threatening him?
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 am

Lewis stares at Sky for a bit before his eyes spark. "Owowow." Lewis covers his eyes and they return to normal. Lewis exits the tent to stare at Hyrax, who is still a distance away. "I still can't see as good I could. I hope Sky didn't get the wrong idea with the glowing. What was once a quick gaze into the mind, is now a long, uncomfortable stare with little to no results." Lewis chuckles. "I'm losing my touch in those regards." He holds his hands close to his face. Lewis speaks slowly to himself. "But not in these."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Sky lies down and glances at Lewis before turning away from the fire. Life had stopped crying and his breathing slowed down and got calmer. From behind Lewis he hears a voice "I assume you come from Hyrax's place. You seem to be good friends with him at least." eyes shine through the darkness and looking at Lewis "you said 'a simple gaze into the mind' correct? Don't even try with us we've become immune to most, if not all, mind games anyway." the eyes blink and then vanish for a moment. In another moment arms, legs, feet and other body parts seem to materialize with an eiree glow, like the moonlight until Shade's entire body appeared in front of Lewis, still shinning like the moon. His expression is unreadable.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:18 pm

"I used to be great at it, but now, not so much. I come from a realm as well. The Spirit Realm to be exact. I didn't mean to give off the wrong vibe with Sky. Truth be told, I was trying to see your energy flows. Mind games are another skill I have to rekindle." Lewis glances at where Life was hidden away. "Hope that one's okay. Maybe not. What do I know?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:18 pm

"here's some info Lewis, and you can tell this to Hyrax however you would like." Shade somehow knew Lewis' name "Hyrax has caused Life pain, it is true. However, he hates it when anyone brings destruction upon anyone, or anything. In other words, your friend's job sickens him. In the case of war, he prefers not to get involved, he prefers to save a life rather than eliminate a lveing thing." he looks at Life and sighs and turns towards Lewis. "I appreciate him. Lewis, this must be told to Hyrax..." the glow grows brighter "he's already created a problem with our friend, but he better be carefull. He better try and make friends again with Life. Lets just say, we are not people who you want as enemies, especially as a team." Shade pauses and then In a moment, he was gone in the darkness, not only did he vanish from sight, he seemed to vanish from existence. Lewis was left in an creepy and disturbing silence and darkness.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Lewis shivers and runs to Hyrax. "You gotta make it up to Life." Hyrax looks to Lewis. "How? How can I fix things when my existence goes completely against his?" Lewis is silent. "I... I don't know..." The pair sit in defeated silence.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 pm

"maybe you can start with an apology." Shade's voice appears off to the right "it's not much but it could give you a start." Shade's voice appears from a differant angle off to the left, but Shade himself was nowhere to be found.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 11:30 pm

"Fair enough." Hyrax begins to trudge over to the camp, but stops half way through to sneeze. When Hyrax finally reaches where Life was staying, he sighs. "Life. I have done you more harm than I can imagine. The hall you gazed upon was not for the faint of heart, but you are are stronger than I had anticipated. Now that doesn't make up for what you have seen and what has been done under my command, I wish to ask for your forgiveness. I know it's a long shot, but it's a shot I'm willing to take. It may not seem like it, but I value life. Taking a life is never fun, but it is the path I have chosen to walk down. I don't do as I do for personal gain, I do as I do for my people. Life in any manner is precious, and the most evil are those who would extinguish it. I am foul and loathsome, and it is not in any right of mine to ask you for forgiveness, but here I am, doing just that."
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:24 pm

For a long while there was silence, Life's breathing had stopped entirely. Life came out from his tent from the opposite side of Hyrax, he stood up and turned around and studys Hyrax, his eyes had tears in them and his cheeks were wet with tears as well, he breaths and his breath is shakey "You cause so much destruction and death in many differant worlds and many differant ways, and you come to me apologizing for the countless lives you have taken..." Life doesn't seem to be angry but he seemed distressed still, "I don't think I can ever understand how your methods lead to peace or why you do it. I don't think that there is anything that I could do to make you stop what your entire army is doing. he sniffed and wiped his cheeks with his arm. Life took a deep breath "you say you value life, you say you hate to take it...you are a very strange creature. Hyrax, I am not sure if you would have thought of an apology without Shade's imput, and if you did,
I'm not sure how long it would have taken you to finally decide to ask for forgiveness, but here you are now, asking to be forgiven."
Life closes his eyes "you are a very curious being Hyrax, but am not sure if I can forgive you,
not entirely anyway. As much as I would like to say I do, I am sorry to say that it would be hard to. I can accept that you realize that what you have done is terrible, but I'm afraid that it might take a lot more than an apology to get my full trust in you. We may be on the same side, but Hyrax, we are definitely not friends."
Life stands looking at Hyrax for a moment and then goes back into his tent. He definitely seemed better now that Hyrax apoligised...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Hyrax stands in silence for a moment. "In due time, it will all make sense." Hyrax returns to Lewis. "A part of me hopes the end of this cycle will bring about an end to suffering. An end to me. The other half knows that will never be the case." Lewis stares at Hyrax. "play me the song again." Hyrax doesn't respond, but pulls out the harp and plays. It's song was sad, like the harp itself was crying, though the only one with tears, was Hyrax, even if he did not make a sound, tears rolled down.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 am

It appeared everyone was asleep and it was all silent, the only thing heard was Hyrax's sad song and the crackling of the fire. The fire's light was dimmer now and it was slowly getting harder to see through the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Lewis grows tired and climbs up Hyrax's back. Once finding a nice spot on the shoulders, Lewis falls asleep. Hyrax continues to play, and continues to cry silently. Soon, the fire is completely out and yet Hyrax still plays.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:24 pm

As the sun slowly rises Hyrax continues to play. Someone turns on their side "Hyrax?" Desire mumbles, her eyes were half open and she looked at Hyrax. She raises her head slightly in confusion, despite being on the ground her hair wasn't messy at all. She looks at Hyrax as he plays his harp.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Hyrax continues to play. For how long it has been playing is unknown. Hyrax's wounds were visible again, and there seemed to be a countless amount. It seems Hyrax is so absorbed in playing, it doesn't even know Desire was there.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 3:08 pm

"Hyrax..." she stands up and walks over to him "Hyrax...w-what's the cycle?" She asks in an attempt to get his attention...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Hyrax stops playing and shifts its attention to Desire. "The cycle is a chain of events that I, the Sages, and Katie must continuously perform every several millennia. We do not have any other choice." Lewis rolls off Hyrax's shoulder's but simply stops in midair to avoid collision with the ground. Hyrax makes no attempt to cover its injuries. Perhaps it doesn't even know they are there. Hyrax stares at Desire for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Desire looks confused and she rubs her eye "chain of events?" Desire looks concerned now, "what, you mean like a test...a trial?" she tilts her head and glances at Hyrax's scars.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 pm

"I guess you an say that. Putting it in terms of 'trial', the end of the cycle is a trial for the Sage's in terms of their Colossi forms. It will be a trial for Katie and myself as we achieve our greatest powers and clash. The cycle can't be prevented, and even though we can access our greatest power at any point, it is forced upon us at the end of the cycle." Hyrax strums a few notes on his gilded harp. "I have caused you and your friends much pain. Likewise, I have caused many pain." Hyrax plays his harp again.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Desire looks down and rubbed her arm "it is true, you have upset Life, and the rest of us with your conquest hall. But...Hyrax...I'm just not sure, what to think..." she sighs and rubs her eyes again "Hyrax...you saw Daybreak too...seeing him die was sad enough, now he's alive again...I can't comprehend it... It confuses me..." she looks upset again...
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:29 am

Hyrax continues to play the song, but responds nonetheless. "I am baffled as well. Though I have seen much death and even reanimation, I saw nothing in Daybreak that could suggest he was capable of bringing himself back from the dead. All the more curious." Hyrax glances at Desire. "I messed up pretty bad last time Daybreak was around. I don't intend on doing it again." Hyrax shifts the song into a happier tone. "While we ponder how he could possibly be alive again, we can also celebrate his return. Why focus on the problematic aspect when we can just be happy he's back?" Hyrax chuckles and stops playing. "Then again, what do I know?"
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Desire smiles "I really would love to celebrate his return...but something about this just feels...Differant...I am going to find Daybreak, I'm going to find out how he came back..." she sounds serious "but, Hyrax, your cycle sounds serious...is there any way that I can help with it?" she asks tilting her head in concern.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Hyrax stops and thinks for a moment. "Keep... An open... Mind..." Hyrax spoke very slowly and very seriously. "In all technicality, I should be hibernating at the moment as well, but... Heh... That's not gonna happen." Hyrax restarts his song and Lewis rolls over in the air.
Back to top Go down
Kyuubi

Kyuubi

Character sheet
Organization:

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 4:59 pm

"hibernating? Why should you be hibernating?' as she asks this Kyuubi yawns and looks at the two of them talking, he grabs Syrix by his tail and drapes him over his shoulder, Syrix makes a surprised noise and looks at Kyuubi and then at the two talking.
Back to top Go down
Hyrax

Hyrax

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:12 pm

"I always hibernate before the cycle ends." Hyrax looks at Desire. "Your ability to go into the minds of others was once some Lewis could do. He hasn't used it in so long, he no longer can. Perhaps you should help him sometime." Hyrax chuckles. "You and your friends are more powerful than I had anticipated. You make good allies, but also fearsome foes. I will try to avoid that outcome."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Company and Calamity   Company and Calamity - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Company and Calamity
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next